Contact Lenses are very sensitive and should use with special care as specialist noticed Bacteria and micro organisms can stick to contact lenses and cause pain, irritation and serious harm. Here are tips you should follow if you are a contact lenses user.
1. Do clean your lenses properly
2. Only use the care products recommended by your practitioner
3. Don't sleep with your lenses in
4. Don't leave them to soak in a glass of water
5. Don't shower or swim with your lenses in
6. Be careful when putting them in and taking them out
7. Don't mix your right and left lenses up; get into the habit of inserting and removing the same lens first
8. Make sure your hands are clean. Wash, rinse and dry your hands thoroughly before handling your lenses to prevent spreading nasty germs.
9. To remove soft lenses, keep your chin down and look upwards
10. Separate you eyelids in the same way as before and slide your contact lens down on to the white of your eye. Then gently pinch the lens with your thumb and index finger. Never use your nails
11. Dispose of or store the lenses appropriately.
12. Never re-use disinfecting solution or top it up. It must be discarded and replaced with fresh solution each time the lenses are stored.
13. Before you put lenses in, check they are not damaged or inside-out. The lens should be shaped like a cup. If it is inside-out it will be shaped like a saucer, with the edges facing out
14. To remove hard lenses, place your middle and ring finger at the outer corner of your eye and pull your eyelids tight over towards your ear. Blink - the lens should come out
15. When the lens is on the eye, close the eye slowly and blink gently a few times until the lens begins to feel comfortable